Prestashop is highly acclaimed as the best open source e-commerce solution made for small as well as medium size of businesses. This remarkable e-commerce solution is the brainchild of French e-commerce developers Igor Schlumberger and Bruno Leveque. Approximately there are over 1,00,000 shops round the globe that are powered by Prestashop software. This speaks volumes about the popularity of this wonderful e-commerce software. The community of Prestashop too is growing with exponential rate and the developers are coming up with new versions of Prestashop equipped with latest features and functionalities and with more security fixes. Prestashop customization will certainly become a lot easier with Prestashop 1.4.
Back to History
Prestashop 1.4 was officially released in 2011 and since then there are countless number of online store owners who have tasted huge success with the latest version. The new version, Prestashop 1.4, brings with itself some 65 new features. All this has led to an increase in demand for Prestashop 1.4 Development Services. There are many Prestashop Development companies offering all sorts of Prestashop e-commerce services relating to Prestashop 1.4.
Technical Requirements for installing Prestashop 1.4
- Operating System – Unix (recommended), Linux or Windows
- Web server – Apache Web server 1.3 or later
- PHP 5.2 or later
- MySQL 5.0 or later
- At least 32 Mb of RAM on your server (64 Mb is recommended, however the more the better)
Prestashop, no doubt, can work with PHP 5.1 or later version. However the earlier versions till 5.2 versions have bugs that might possibly prevent some of the functionalities to work as desired. Prestashop can also work with Microsoft’s IIS Web server 6.0 or later, and nginx 1.0 or later.
Latest Designing Features incorporated in Prestashop 1.4
- The ‘Three Logos’ feature allows online merchants to set diverse logos for front office, emails and even invoices.
- ‘Product Page Previews’ feature can help preview product pages before you post them on your website. You can even edit the product pages directly from front office.
- It allows maintaining live editing. Prestashop online store owners can now edit the design of their stores from front office. It is just because of “Drag n Drop” functionality. It helps you better customize and improve user interface significantly.
- The back office can now be made more stylish because of the back office themes. Two novel themes are added.
- The older ThickBox makes way for the brand new fancy box, which is important for the visualization window of product photos.
Performance Enhancement Features in Prestashop 1.4
- Were you frustrated using its earlier versions due to its speed problems? The new Prestashop 1.4 has solved this problem and now you can easily optimize your Prestashop store. The requirement of http has been reduced and the 1.4 module has turned CSS into a separate file. It has now been much more compressed and minimized.
- In addition, there are beautiful Prestashop 1.4 templates and themes that have been developed to make your online store more attractive and attention-grabbing.
- It has support for various languages like German, Italian, French and Spanish.
- Customers can now compare different features of a number of products at one time.
- If you have witnessed abandoned shopping carts and lost customers due the check-out page, then your worries have ended, for Prestashop 1.4 has a new one page check-out process, which allows your customers to order all on one page. Moreover, the guest check-out options allows customers to shop without creating an account. The best way to ramp up your conversion rates indeed!
- There are new 15 modules that are added so that you can easily conduct your online business. Modules have been added for handling shipments with new carriers: UPS, USPS and FedEx in the USA. The best part comes now, Authorize AIM considered to be the most popular payment system in America is now available as a standard feature in Prestashop 1.4. There are also improved security modules that have been carved out.
- It allows you to import an entire osCommerce web shop including different features like catalogues, orders, categories, clients etc.
- The latest version is also more search engine optimized as it allow you to avoid duplicate content and help you improve search engine rankings for your store.
Prestashop had been the latest update in e-commerce shopping cart solutions packed with multiple features that has improved the performance of shopping experience of the online shoppers. In the coming days too it is expected to improve and add many more features in the next improved versions. Get ready to grab the most advanced e-commerce solution for your e-store and yield the benefits.