Prestashop is a widely acknowledged open source e-commerce solution powered by PHP, MySQL, and Smarty Template Engine. Being an open source, it is free to be used and the codes are easy to modify and customize given the unique requirements of your business. Officially introduced in 2007, PrestaShop has been growing steadily, thanks to its community of dedicated Prestashop developers. Installing PrestaShop is not an issue as it installs within seconds, due to its small size, 2.2 MB.
You just need to spend on the e-commerce development part and you can have a dynamic online store through which you sell thousands of products right from pens to electronic items. Prestashop advantages are immense. This extraordinary e-commerce platform is popular for its brilliant interface. It is extremely creative and user-friendly. Customers are guided throughout the store from this interface. PrestaShop has wide veriety of themes that customers can select from. Free themes are available for Prestashop web store and one can also modify them as per the requirement.
- Prestashop provides lot of features needed to maintain a shopping cart website like as product catalogue, stocks, shipping, orders, customers, newsletters, coupon and codes. Also there are several free and commercial add-ons available as added extra features.
- In order to boost customer satisfaction and loyalty, PrestaShop offers a number of features such as gift vouchers, coupons, and potential to provide feedback and comments, quantity discounts and much more.
- It supports wide range of international languages and currencies allowing you to sell to a global customer.
- You can also run customized affiliate programs with Prestashop and also get detailed statistics regarding them to measure their performance.
- Talking about the security of Prestashop, it is packed with impressive security features that protect your online store from hackers and other malicious software. Some of the amazing security features offered include ability to set up security permissions for users, maintenance mode, in compliance with PCI & SSL, helps you block repeated attempts to recover passwords etc.
- Further, PrestaShop allows online merchants to alter the theme of their site without affecting its structure and the information contained in the back office.
- The built-in SEO features of Prestashop allow you to gain maximum visibility on search engines. Some of these features include URL rewrites options, a dedicated URL for every product, Google sitemap integration, auto generated site map, automatic robot.txt and .htaccess files etc. It also helps reduce duplicate content with Canonical URL feature.
Above mentioned are some of the prominent PrestaShop advantages. Apart from these, there are many more features and advantages that this shopping cart software offers to online merchants. It is undoubtedly the best e-commerce solution for small and medium sized enterprises.